Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Help me! I've been bit!

Fortunately, I haven't been bitten by the cold or flu bug like my friend Emi of Knittrips. Hope you get well soon!

I have, however, been bitten by the knitting bug. With the crisp days of fall showing up in Iowa I've found knitting to be the perfect hobby. I spent most of this weekend holed up in my house knitting hats. I'm in love with the Umbilical cord baby hat pattern from "Stitch N Bitch" by Debbie Stoller.

Umbilical cord baby hat


So easy and So cute!

Umbilical cord baby hat 2


So easy and cute I ended up making two! Oh well, a baby can never have too many hats, right?

Thank you BAM for lending me the pattern.

**Special Thanks to Ollie the Oliphant, model.**

7 Comments:

Blogger BAM said...

Looks great, you are on a roll! What next?

1:52 PM  
Blogger Knittripps said...

Still feeling pretty stuffy...I had to stay home from work today. Not much knitting happening...

Your hats look great! Way to go. What do you have planned for next?

3:07 PM  
Blogger Onigiri said...

Hrm, I don't know what to do now. Any ideas? Something that will help me out with purling?

3:59 PM  
Blogger BAM said...

I have done these before and they would be a good way to try purling as well as use your knit stitch to do a rib.
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTvoodoo.html
Otherwise, go to www.knitty.com and look at their archives. I think you would be able to do the (m)mellow and probably some of the t(tangy) patterns.

10:58 AM  
Blogger BAM said...

I was trying to link to the Voodoo wrist warmers, but that didn't turn out so well. Here I go again:http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTvoodoo.html

11:00 AM  
Blogger OakMonster said...

Nice knitting. There's certainly a market for that out there after all! :)

Thanks for coming by my blog the other day. I tried to reply to you in person but the email bounced. :(

11:50 PM  
Blogger Knittripps said...

We missed you at Knitting Group:)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home