Thursday, February 26, 2009

Food Tour of Iowa

On Superbowl Sunday, at a party (i.e. just another reason to eat and knit together) at Knitted Together in West Des Moines, one of the ladies at my table casually mentioned that there was a restaurant located in Des Moines that served dim sum and from what she had heard was fairly decent. Well, after I picked up my jaw at the thought that dim sum had finally made it's way here, I was quick to dismiss the thought since I highly doubted it would be anywhere near as good as what we get out in Los Angeles. I couldn't help but wonder however so a couple of the ladies and I decided to check it out.

When I got home that night I decided to Google the restaurant to see when it opened and found great new blog, that actual showcased some of Iowa's culinary delights for the rest of the world. Yes, there is more to Iowa than corn, pigs, and soy bean. Really! Don't believe me? Well check out Ben Gordon's Food Tour of Iowa blog, you'll be stunned at the lovely pictures showcasing some very tasty looking food from Iowa and all over. Ben, a young, charming, talented food enthusiast, takes you a tour of how diverse Iowa can be from the organic sustainable farms to the higher-end dining scene available here. It's nice to see someone blogging about the bounty of Iowa and how it's not all about big farms and bad food. There's a reason we feed the world and that's because Iowa produces some of the best there is to offer. Please join me in my support of a new fellow blogger in hopes that the future of really good food continues on and not everyone in the future will be eating highly processed crap from a box. There is hope yet, methinks.

As for this blog you all can look forward to some new post showing up soon. I now have a good kitchen to work in and Ben has my creative juicing going about what great food we have available. I'll let him show you all the world of restaurants and farms while I play around with some wonderful new and not so new products found in Iowa. In the fridge currently is cinnamon raisin dough proofing gently and a new bacon made locally that I picked up to try. Stay tuned for updates soon.

**Note: This plug has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Ben is cute and single.***

OnigiriFB wanders off muttering about her girlfriends and their devious minds. Hrmph!

2 Comments:

Blogger Yuri said...

it's great that more places like farms are going organic all over :)
go natural foods!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Yuri said...

PS forgot to say, love the name of your blog ^^
spread the fruits basket love <3

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home